Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Kick-Off


Molecular Gastromony is difficult to execute if you are not familiar with the science part of it. It is a combination of cooking and science which takes time and skill to get correct, I have learned the hard way. 

Below I did a tomato bruschetta foam served with some Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.  This was probably one of the easier experiments I have done so far. 
I was shocked how good it was. To do this you make your bruschetta as normal and puree it till you have only pulp and liquid. I put this through cheese cloth and a fine strainer to make sure only the juice was left in my bowl.
I added soy lecithin and used my emulsion blender which resulted to this foamy appetizer. 



 I had dinner with two of my friends last Friday evening, I was craving chicken parmigiano. Beside it is rigatoni with mixed mushrooms, red onion, yellow squash, asparagus and a light coating of pesto.




As usual I can't finish a weekend without a pizza. This one is chicken parmigiano and sopressata

A closer look below...

Chicken Parmigiano Pizza 

My roommate Jason finally got back from his vacation. We wanted to keep it simple for dinner so we did a marinated skirt steak with a tomatillo foam, sauteed broccoli, grilled balsamic portabello mushroom and some baked cottage fries. 




 I wanted to explore with some ingredients outside of my comfort level. Below is my tomatillo foam. I used the same process as the bruschetta above. This was a really nice finish to the skirt steak.
Tomatillo Foam 


No comments: